Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Field Trip -- 1


1/6/10

Today was my 1st visit to to my sponsor. My sponsor's name is MARTI RAMOS (she is not a relative).She is the manager at Hair Crew. The first thing that I did was to get to know everyone that was around. Lucy was one of the girls that I meet(a nice person). She told me her story of how she got involved in cosmetology. The first thing she told me was men would not go in a salon, rather they would go to a barber shop. Also,if we wanted to work at a baber shop, we would have to earn a certificate for that(there were different certificates for working at a salon, a baber shop, and manicure and pedicure).Back in the 60's the blow dryer was not used. They first started as shampo grils and greeding the customers. Anita was another of the girls that worked that day(would always smile and a very nice person). She explained everything, every single step that she did with the customer. She was also fun to be with and she even told me her age!. She has been working at a salon for 40 years. They had different kind of Shompos' and gels' for different kinds of hair. Hair Crew is consider a Paul Mitchell salon.

No comments: