Thursday, April 29, 2010

Field Blog #17


On Tuesday, I went to my sponsor as usual. I was there at 1100 am., since is early I get to spend more time with my sponsor becasue the rush hour is mostly in the after noon. She was waiting for me and she was excited when I told her that I will be there for the whole day or you could say most of the morning. She told me that today I was not going to be with her instead I was handed to Barbara( a co-worker). That Barb was going to show me how to tease hair and use roller sets. She also told me that I was going to try it and see how dose it feels. I watch closely as Barb was teasing and older women's hair. She was working with two women and in one of those women she was also doing a perm. I got to see how does a perm start and finish. The solution that she put in the hair was strong and I felt dizzy since. It also upset my stomach and did not wanted to eat all day. After about two hours Marti ask me about how I felt and now a days, most people do not tease their hair and if they do they use heating curlers instead of rollers sets. I did learn so much this day and did not wanted to leave but I need to go get my daughter and go home.

1 comment:

Mr. Abrams said...

Honestly, I wish that everybody could be as gratified as you when it comes to seeing a sponsor.